Table of Contents of this page
- Data built into the scripting language
- Data from your operating system: the window object
- Data from your web browser: the navigator object
- Data about the current document: the document object
- Other objects
- Browser plug-ins
- Scripting language information
window.document and HTMLDocument objects
An object called "all" within the document object adhers to a standard called the Document Object Model (DOM). That object contains the document itself. The method of using a script to changes itself, is called "Dynamic HTML (DHTML)".
window.location and window.document.location objects
clientInformation and navigator (browser) objects
Scripting language built-in objects
Date object: var x = new Date();
Script Engine functions
Conditional compilation variables
var x = java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost()
x = java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getScreenSize();
Scripting language information
For information on ECMAScript, see:
- Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Library
- Standard ECMA-262: ECMAScript Language Specification
- BrowserSpy, by Henrik Gemal
- Privacy Analysis, at Privacy.net
- BrowsInfo, by Elf Qrin
- Browser Sniffer, at Microsoft
- Browser Sniffer, at WebReference.com
- at Phaster.com by Ben
- Drives info, @ variables, document.ypform.S/C/N/T.focus/value/selectedIndex/options
- IE doesn't have class, value, get, HasProperty(PropertyName), GetPropertyName methods?
- Netscape doesn't support the (property in object) operator.
- IE complains if any property is specified for an undefined base object.
- Netscape complains if a property is specified for an object that has none or DNE.
- Distinguish among various kinds of undefined, undeclared, null, unset properties.
s.replace(/</g,"<")doesn't validate as proper HTML.
- Display all of an [object]'s elements and values. Use constructor property or for(in)?
- In Date(), there's a getUTC* method for each get* method except getTime* and getYear.
- This page is HTML 4.01 Transitional instead of Strict, to allow SCRIPT element's language attribute.
- Show .length when avaliable.
- Show plugin info under IE.
- Summarize standard and past use of DOM.
- Correct variables for plugins?